Opinion leaders and publications from around the world uphold Domus Academy as an example of education excellence in the areas of design, fashion and architecture.
Domus Academy received the Compasso d’Oro Award by ADI, Associazione Disegno Industriale (Industrial Design Association).
In 2019, Domus Academy was awarded with special Badges of Excellence in Learning Experience by the prestigious The Business of Fashion Assessment.
It has been recognised as one of Azure magazine’s Top 8 Interior Design and Interaction Design Schools (2016 and 2017) and listed by Domus Magazine as one of Europe’s Top 100 Schools of Architecture and Design (2014-2017).
BusinessWeek called it one of the Best Design Schools in the World (2009).
Domus Academy is included in the QS World University Rankings by Subject.
2022 – UI GreenMetric included for the first time Domus Academy among the world’s most sustainable universities.
2022 – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022 ranked Domus Academy as one of top 3 Design Schools in Italy and among the first 100 in the world in the Art & Design field.
2021 – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021 ranked Domus Academy as one of the top 5 Universities in Italy and among the first 150 in the world in the Art & Design field.
2019 – The Business of Fashion Assessment 2019 awarded Domus Academy Special Badges of Excellence.
2017 – The Business of Fashion ranked Domus Academy in the Top 10 Global Graduate Fashion Business Courses 2017 and in the Top 30 Global Fashion Schools 2017.
2017 – Azure magazine ranked Domus Academy’s Master in Interaction Design and Master in Interior & Living Design as some of the top programs in their fields in the world.
2016 – The Business of Fashion ranked Domus Academy #2 for Learning Experience in its Top Global Fashion Schools 2016.
2016 – Azure magazine featured Domus Academy among the 8 Top Interior Design Schools from around the world.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 – Frame Publishers, which produces influential magazines and books about design, architecture, and fashion, spotlighted Domus Academy in its Masterclass guide to the 30 best graduate schools in the world. Criteria included the quality of student projects, alumni careers, the caliber of faculty, and recommendations by industry professionals.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 – Domus magazine featured Domus Academy in its guide Europe’s Top 100 Schools of Architecture and Design.
2006, 2008, 2009 – BusinessWeek ranked Domus Academy as one of the 30 best design schools in the world. A panel of industry experts in the areas of business and design, and representatives from six innovative companies investigated and analysed Domus Academy’s programmes. The jury specifically looked for design-based courses that provide tools for business, as well as business courses that teach design principles as strategies for achieving results.
1995 – The project Agronica, created by Domus Academy and developed by faculty members Andrea Branzi, Dante Donegani, Antonio Petrillo, Claudia Raimondo and Tselila Ben David, was exhibited at the Centre Pompidou in Paris. It has become a part of the Centre’s permanent collection.
1994 – Industrial design association ADI (Associazione Disegno Industriale) awarded Domus Academy the important industry award Compasso d’Oro.
Over the years the works of Domus Academy’s students and alumni have been recognised in a wide array of international competitions.
Here are just a few examples:
– Wallpaper* Magazine Design Awards (2023)
– Le French Design 100 Award (2022)
– AD100/2022 by Architectural Digest (2022)
– ELLE DECO International Design Award (2021)
– Radical Innovation Award (2021)
– Swarovski Foundation Institute: Creatives for Our Future project (2021)
– Compasso d’Oro (2020)
– Silver Pentaward (2019)
– The Mark Challenge (2019)
– Gold Award at German Design Award (2019)
– Elle Décor 30th Years Anniversary Prize (2019)
– Bodytelling Contest by Marie Claire (2019)
– RSA Student Design Awards (2018)
– Global Change Award by H&M Foundation (2018)
– Good Design Award (2018, 2021)
– Olivetti Design Contest (2017)
– Vogue Talent Award (2016)
– CAFA Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent in Fashion (2016)
– iF Design Award (2016, 2021, 2022)
– Prix Émile Hermès International Design Award (2014)
– IxDA Design Challenge (2014)
– Altaroma and Vogue Italia’s Who is on Next? (2013)
– Wallpaper Design Award (2012)
– Samsung Young Designer Award (2012)
– Red Dot Design Award (2012, 2016, 2020)
– LEVI’S® Womenswear Award at Mittelmoda competition (2011)
– Gold Award at the Samsung Young Design Awards (2011)
NEW CONTESTS | MASTERS