We have a dedicated team of educational advisors who will be happy to help you with the application and enrollment process. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Start the process here, by filling out the Application Form. Then prepare the documents listed in detail below.
Prepare Supporting Documents
Scans must be clear and legible.
Your CV/résumé is a primary information source for us, so make sure it is detailed and complete. It should include:
- Personal information—first and last name, address, nationality, date and place of birth
- Education—degree, school/institute, graduation year, final mark or grade point average
- Work experience—positions, company names, industries, duties, employment periods
- IT skills (including a list of software programs you are proficient with)
- Languages (specifying skill levels in writing and speaking)
Artistic and Professional Portfolio of Projects
Submit a portfolio of works and projects that demonstrate your training and professional experience in the field. The portfolio should include both sketches and finished works. It should attest to your personal style and creative contributions, as well as to your character, expressive skills, and technical expertise. The portfolio may be submitted in either digital or physical format.
In the motivation letter, you must:
- Explain your motivation for applying to the program:
- Why are you interested in the program?
- What are your plans for the future and how would this course help you achieve your goals?
- Explain how your educational and professional background relates to the program.
- What past accomplishments or personal qualities make you a good candidate?
- What knowledge, skills, and experiences do you have that are relevant to this program?
- Master in Fashion Management, Master in Luxury Brand Management, and Master in Business Design applicants must also answer the following question:
- In your opinion, from an industry point of view, what are the trends affecting the fashion/luxury/business world?
Copy of Bachelor’s Degree/Academic Diploma
Translated into English or official certificate of expected Graduation issued by the Institution.
Academic Transcript of Previous Studies
Translated into English (listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits) or most updated official transcript/mark sheet if not yet graduated.
Documentation of Further Courses or Seminars Attended (if available)
Certificate of English Language Proficiency
At Domus Academy, all classes are conducted in English. If English is not your first language, you will be asked to provide evidence of your English language ability in order to apply for a visa, enroll, and start your course. The English language requirement for entry for this course is: IELTS 5.0 Academic or equivalent certificate.
See Requirements page.
Copy of Passport
Of € 100 application fee.
Submit Your Application
Please select one of the following application methods.
- Download the Application Form and fill it out on your computer.
Download Application Form
- Save it, print it, sign it, and scan it.
- Gather all documents listed above.
- Pay the application fee of € 100.
- Make a copy of all documents (including a copy of the bank transfer) for your own records.
- Scan all documents and send them via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gather all documents listed above.
- Go to: Apply Online.
- Create your username.
- Wait for the email with login information (just a couple of seconds).
- Fill out the online application.
- Upload scans of all the required documents.
- Pay the application fee online.
Applications are considered complete and ready for review once the Admissions Office has received all required items. Both the program leader of the chosen program and the Admissions committee will evaluate your application, looking at your previous degree(s) earned, technical and presentation skills, and apparent level of fluency with the design process.
Within 7 days from receipt of your submission, the Admissions Office will inform you about our decision and, in case of positive feedback, will send you the official acceptance letter and the Enrollment Form.
If and when your admission is confirmed, you must secure your place by returning the Enrollment Form and the receipt for payment of the pre-enrollment fee.
These must be returned within 30 days of the date on your acceptance letter.
If you do not confirm your place by the deadline, this will imply the cancellation of your place in the class.
After accepting your offer and reserving your place, if you do not have an Italian or EU passport, you should apply for your student visa. Contact the Italian diplomatic authorities in your country of residence.
Visit the Visa for Italy website to find out if you need a student visa.
For the Academic Master’s programs (Master Accademico di Primo Livello), the name of the visa to apply for is the following: STUDIO Post-Laurea tipo D “nazionale”.
Domus Academy’s Admissions Office will provide you with the official stamped enrollment certificates (by express courier) that are needed for the student visa application. We will assist you in all other related aspects.
Please note that the timing of the visa application process varies from country to country, so we advise that you begin the process as soon as you receive the enrollment certificates from our Admissions Office.
To complete your matriculation and become eligible to receive the Academic Master’s degree upon graduation, you must:
- Submit the Declaration of Value of your bachelor’s degree and the notarized translation, into Italian, of your bachelor’s degree and academic transcripts.
If you earned your bachelor’s degree/academic diploma at a school outside the Italian system, you must contact the Italian embassy or consulate in the country where the degree was issued in order to obtain the Declaration of Value of your bachelor’s degree. The Declaration of Value is a document that describes the degree awarded. It is used to assess the degree’s equivalency within the Italian system.
- Pay the balance of the tuition fee by the course start date.
- Request the permit of stay.
The application for a permit of stay (permesso di soggiorno, also called a residence permit) is compulsory for all non-EU passport holders. You must request this through the Italian Post Office within 8 days from your arrival in Italy with a long-term visa. Bring along your official enrollment certificate duly stamped by the Italian Diplomatic Authorities when they issued the study visa. Domus Academy’s Student Life Office will help you fill in the forms and collect all requested documents.
Academic Master’s Degree
The Academic Master’s degree (Master Accademico di Primo Livello), delivered by Domus Academy, is accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (MIUR), via Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti (NABA).
NABA is a private fine arts academy belonging to the Higher Education in Art and Music system, a division of the Italian university system that is governed by MIUR.
Under this accreditation, NABA Domus Academy upholds rigorous admission standards, and our degree programs have a restricted number of available places. For both European and non-European students, admission depends on fulfilling minimum educational and language requirements. Only eligible students will be awarded the title of Academic Master, worth 60 ECTS (credits).