Categories of Data That We Process
We collect personal identifiers and contact information (such as name, surname, home address, email address, and your preferences for our master’s courses), as well as any other information relating to you that you may provide, in the following cases:
- Filling out our online contact form on the Ask Domus Academy section of our website, www.domusacademy.com
- Filling out our online contact form to register for an Open Day or any other Domus Academy event on our website, www.domusacademy.com
- Registering during an Open Day
- During all Domus Academy events organized on our campus or on other sites
We can also ask social media networks to send you information about our courses based on your interests, but we don’t have access to your personal data on those platforms.
Why We Use Your Personal Data
We may use the personal data we collect for the following purposes:
- To register you for our events, such as Open Day
- To contact you and to send you information about our courses through mail, email, or telephone in response to your requests
- To send you information related to our scholarships, initiatives, courses, and events that might interest you
- Statistical analysis on an anonymous and aggregate basis, in order to improve our educational offerings
How Long We Retain Your Information
Security of Your Personal Data
We have appropriate policies and technical and organizational measures in place to safeguard and protect your personal data against unlawful or unauthorized access, accidental loss or destruction, damage, and unlawful or unauthorized use or disclosure.
How We Share Your Information
Inside Domus Academy, your personal data will be processed by staff who are considered “authorized persons in charge of the processing” of personal data.
Also, we may share information with third parties and service providers who work on our behalf as “data processors.” We also may disclose information whenever we believe disclosure is necessary or whenever it is required by law or regulation, in order to comply with legal processes and government requests.
No personal data of any user will be publicly disclosed.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Your data is located and stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA) on servers located within the European Union belonging to the data controller or to third parties whom we have nominated as data processors. Your data will not be transferred outside the EEA.
The transmission of your data is optional. If you don’t consent, we will not send you any information about our scholarships, initiatives, or events.
Your Rights According to GDPR
In accordance with GDPR, we inform you about your rights. You may:
- Obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, obtain access to your personal data (Right to access, art. 15)
- Obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data (Right to rectification, art. 16)
- Obtain from the data controller the erasure of personal data concerning you (Right to be forgotten, art. 17)
- Obtain from the data controller a restriction against processing (Right to restriction of processing, art. 18)
- Receive the personal data concerning you—which was provided to a data controller—in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format in order to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from the data controller (Right to data portability, art. 20)
- Object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you (Right to object, art. 21)
When a personal data breach is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will communicate you without undue delay (Art. 34).
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (Art. 7).
You may exercise such rights by contacting us; or alternatively, you may file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in addition to your rights outlined above.