In just four months of study, you’ll be ready to enter a master’s program in the field of Design, Fashion, Experience or Business. Begin your future today!
You are looking ahead with excitement to a rewarding and creative career in design.
Your next big step is earning your master’s degree at the renowned design school Domus Academy.
Before you apply, you can take this opportunity to strengthen your background in design. You can expand your knowledge of the design world, hone your technical skills, and build an outstanding portfolio of projects.
The Domus Academy Pre-Master’s Program is a four-month intensive postgraduate course that will prepare you to enter a Master’s program at Domus Academy.
You can choose between 10 master’s programs at Domus Academy in the broad areas of design, fashion, architecture or business.
Or you can apply to design programs at other schools in Italy or abroad.
Created for graduates who have at least three years of university-level study, the Pre-Master’s Program will give you the foundational understanding of design that is required for the entry into the Domus Academy master’s-level programs. It will also give you the valuable opportunity to construct a professional portfolio under the guidance of mentors who are experts in the field.
The Course Leader of the Pre-Master’s Program is Amelia Valletta.
Amelia Valletta is member of the Faculty of Domus Academy, Laureate Design Universities. Her prior position includes Course Leader of Master Course in Car & Transportation Design at Domus Academy, Instructor of Design Thinking Course in partnership with NSAD New School of Architecture and Design, San Diego CA, referent of the Here for Good social projects for Domus Academy.
She has a professional background in Strategic Design. She is well known as trend forecasters, intuitive thinker studying the evolution of socio-cultural changes and how they can impact on future company’s strategies.
Amelia has been working for over fifteen years in the strategic design field, collaborating with international design driven companies and leading research institutes of design.
Amelia has a Master Degree in Architecture; Specialization Diploma in Industrial Design; Master Degree in Strategic Design at MIP – Politecnico di Milano; Studies in Zooanthropological Sciences. Teacher and visiting professor at several University in Italy and abroad.
Amelia is member of the ADI INDEX Thematic Committee “Research for enterprises”. She is in Register of Architects of Napoli n. 6634.
Amelia has collaborated as freelance journalist for several newspaper and design magazine in Italy and abroad laRepubblica, Corriere della Sera, Il Sole 24 Ore, and Case da Abitare.
– Your knowledge of broad design domains and your practical skills within each of these domains.
– A first understanding of the range of themes and processes relevant to a specialized area of study.
– A consistent portfolio in your area of interest, following the guidelines for entrance to the Domus Academy master’s-level programs.
– The technical skills and organizational abilities you need for master’s-level learning, acquired through labs and project activities.
– A variety of techniques and tools to better communicate and present your design ideas.
How you will learn
Our faculty members teach according to Domus Academy’s renowned “learning by designing” approach.
Thematic lectures are supported by laboratory sessions, project activities, and visits to design studios.
You will have the flexibility to focus on your own areas of interest while meeting overall course objectives.
Intensive English Language Course
While attending the Pre-Master’s Program, you can improve your English. You must score 4.0 or higher on the IELTS exam to begin the Intensive English course, which is 3 modules of 3 weeks each for 3, 6, or 9 weeks. Each module is 10 hrs in classroom for 3, 6, or 9 weeks. Each 3-week segment can improve your English by 0.5 IELTS points. You must score 5.0 for entry into Domus Academy.
Admission & Requirements
Applicants wishing to enroll in the Pre-Master’s Program shall meet the entry requirements outlined below:
– At least 15 years of previous education
– Holding a first level academic degree (bachelor degree or academic diploma).
– Certificate of English language: minimum entry level requirement IELTS 4.0
The Pre-Master’s Program has limited number of places. The places will be assigned on a first come-first accepted basis.
Download the Application Form and fill it out by hand or on your computer:
– Save it, print it, and sign it. Gather all documents listed in the Application Form.
– Pay the application fee of 100 Euros
– Make a copy of all documents (including copy of the bank transfer) for your own records
– Send the originals by courier to: Domus Academy International Admissions Office Via C. Darwin, 20 20143, Milano Italy
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Within 7 days from the application submission, the Admissions Office will inform the candidate about the acceptance and, in case of positive feedback, will send the official acceptance offer to the student.