Internship & Placement
One of the most exciting and valuable aspects of your Domus Academy master’s education is the opportunity to intern at a prestigious design company. Working directly with industry leaders on actual company projects is the best way to gain meaningful, relevant experience in your field.
An internship can help you to:
– apply your classroom learning to real workplace challenges,
– learn to solve contemporary design problems in original ways,
– expand your knowledge, develop practical skills, and increase your confidence as a professional,
– make connections that can launch or accelerate your career as a designer or entrepreneur
– make your CV more attractive to prospective employers
Domus Academy has established long-standing internship agreements with some of the most important Italian and international brands in design, fashion, business and architecture.
With an internship placement rate of 100%, students from the programs are placed as intern in leading companies such as:
Alberta Ferretti, Bastard, BMW Design Group, Borbonese, Conde’ Nast, Continuum, Costume National, Crea International, Design Innovation, De Beers, Diego Dolcini, Dsquared, Elica, Emilio Pucci, Fiat, Flos, Frog Design, Futurebrand, Karl Lagerfeld Amsterdam, La Triennale di Milano, Matteo Thun & Partners, Moncler, Neil Barrett, Pambianco, Proenza Schouler NY, RCS Media Group, Studio Urquiola, Studio Lissoni, Tommy Hilfiger Amsterdam, Triumph Switzerland, Trussardi, Valentino, Versace, Vivienne Westwood, Whirlpool, Zara.
Our Career Services Office helps to place students in internship, matching each student’s skills and aspiration with company requirements.
Non-EU students are eligible to participate in an internship and can extend their permit of stay to work in Italy for up to one year after degree completion.